Advantages of Parent Involvement
The College Council and staff encourage parent involvement in the school. We do not just mean parents attending functions to raise money for the school, but parent involvement in all aspects of the College:-
The advantages of parents being involved in our school activities are:
- Knowledge of the school operations which will assist when we are discussing the school with the child.
- Opportunity to meet teachers who are teaching your child and as a result you are better able to discuss your child's progress with staff.
- As a parent, gain confidence in the school and feel much happier about entering the school to talk to the administration.
- Become more familiar with the student's work, particularly in Mathematics and English. As a result you will be better able to help your child with work at home.
- Your child sees that you have a real interest in him/her and a better relationship may result.
- The child, parent and teacher are better able to work as a team to educate your child.
- Your child builds up confidence in the school.
- You hear of possible changes and future directions in the College and are able to express your opinion and or assist in decisions.