Without students there would be no College. Without parents there would be no students. The College staff and parents must work together for the best benefit of students.
There is, in fact, a lot of contact between the College and parents for instance:
the College sends out:
- regular Newsletters to parents
- letters to parents re: infringements etc
- invitations to awards, etc
- reports on students four times a year
- specific letters on camps/excursions and courses
- an annual magazine.
the parents send in
- enrolment forms
- notes concerning absences, uniform, problems, queries
- excursion permission forms and money.
parents and teachers get together for
- parent/teacher interviews
- information evenings about camps, course selections, etc
- concerts, fetes and expositions, award ceremonies
- sports days
It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that all letters are delivered to the parents and that reply slips are returned to the College.
Student Planners are an effective means of communication between teachers and parents. A student planner helps students to organise their homework and the materials needed for each day. All students are required to have a student planner.
Teachers can use the planner to send messages home and parents can communicate with a particular teacher by writing a message in the planner.
This contact is welcomed and encouraged, however it is not really involvement or participation.
This College and the staff would like to invite all parents to become more involved in the work and decision-making at the College. Please feel welcome!